What is the Bible worth?
God’s Word is priceless. Yet today, 1,576 languages have no Scripture—not a paragraph, not a sentence, not even a word.
You can do what a Bible translator cannot do.
Today, you can fund the translation of Scripture in the heart language of a Bibleless people. Gifts to the Verse By Verse initiative provide the means to draft, check and revise translated Scripture for Bibleless people groups.
Translating God’s Word demands attention to quality. Typically, the process involves local partners and includes the following steps:
- Carefully analyzing the meaning of a passage and translating the first draft
- Reviewing the accuracy and clarity of the first draft with team members
- Testing the revised draft in the community to ensure that it is understood
- Verifying the translation’s faithfulness to the original Biblical languages with outside consultants
- Preparing the translation for publication through proofreading and consistency checks
How Many Verses of Scripture Could You Provide?
- $38 ~ One verse of Scripture
- $38/month ~ 12 verses of Scripture per year
- $54/month ~ One non-Gospel chapter (24 months)
- $114/month ~ One Gospel chapter (24 months)
- $4,000-10,000 ~ A small book of the Bible
- $12,000-20,000 ~ A mid-sized book of the Bible
- $40,000-60,000 ~ A large book of the Bible
Man does not live by bread alone, but by every Word that comes from the mouth of God.